“It’s scary times, but if you’ve got gut and instinct,
you can see this an opportunity“
Add To Cart Podcast
🎧 LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE
In this episode of Add To Cart, we are joined by Kellie Hush, former editor in Chief of Harper’s Bazaar with more than 20 years’ experience in the Australian and international fashion industry. We hear Kellie’s thoughts on the importance of brand stories, innovative retail partnerships and customer communities as well as lessons learned from the recent launch of and exit from, her own accessories brand The Way…speed humps and all. We learn why, according to Kellie, ‘the circus is over’ for luxury fashion, how the traditional Aussie department store needs a reboot and how fashion retail will emerge post-Covid.
Email me new episodes
Questions answered in this episode include…
- What advice do you have for fashion brands looking to connect with new customers in today’s media landscape?
- How should Australian fashion labels approach the overseas market?
- What’s the future for department stores like DJ’s and Myer?
- What lessons did you learn from launching your own fashion accessories brand, The Way?
- How should fashion brands navigate the next 12-24 months?
🔥 HOT TIP
If you can, take Kellie’s advice: slow down, take stock and plan your next moves.
There are a number of activities that Kellie mentions to set you up for the future…
- Revisit your brand. Does it stand for something?
- Audit your customer experience end to end
- Review your channel strategy. Does it fit the new world?
- Review and leverage your partnerships
There’s no-one to follow at the moment.
This is your opportunity to take the lead and create your future experience.
About our guest Kellie Hush
Kellie Hush is a fashion entrepreneur and former Editor-in-Chief of Harper’s Bazaar Australia. With more than 20 years’ experience in the Australian and international fashion industry, she is one of the most influential and respected people in the Australian fashion industry. In 2019 Hush created and launched fashion accessories brand The Way and now consults with some of Australia’s largest fashion brands. She is a regular fashion commentator on television, radio, in print media and a published author. Hush is a driving force behind the We Wear Australian COVID-19 campaign, a Melbourne Fashion Festival Board Director, Trustee of the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences and a founding director of the Australian Fashion Council
You can contact Kellie on LinkedIn
This episode was brought to you by…